Tuesday, June 2, 2009

When on the ladder of success, don't let boys look up your dress!

Photobucket
Forgiveness is the greatest gift we can give not only to ourselves but to whomever we were harboring our anger toward. When we practice forgiveness we practice to prevent harmful thoughts from causing havoc on our mental well-being and ultimately allow our souls to be set free from the chains of negativity. There are a million ways to perceive forgiveness, some religious, some spiritual, some metaphysical but they all come back to one solid understanding and that is that life without forgiveness is a lonely and unsatisfying road.

Then on the contrary...there is something to be said about forgiveness that goes against everything I try to stand for and believe in. Some people just don't deserve it (including myself)... I mean its not that they never will.... its just that they aren't ready yet. And not because they aren't sorry... only because they don't know how to make it right. But for the self and inner peace, it is just more beneficial to forgive regardless of right. Its not a personal situation, its a circumstantial one. Anyone can become a better person; however, that doesn't mean that things will be better for the circumstance. Continually opening ourselves up to an individual that TIME and TIME burns every bridge we attempt to build no matter how sorry they are.... well that my loveys is called masochism. You can make a BEAUTIFUL meal, but if you shit on it.... no one will eat it! And sorry only works if things are going to be different.
I was never a big fan of hurting physically, I mean the occasional ass slap here and there could tickle my fancy but I never took myself for the type of person who enjoyed pain either mentally, emotionally or physically. So why is it that I continue to allow myself to fall victim to hallow sympathy? I think I am going to change this too... wrong me once shame on you wrong me twice SHAME THE FUCK on me! I have to tell myself.... learn your lesson Nichole, stop setting yourself up for disappointment Nichole. Know that when your instincts tell you something using the soft spot in your heart to make the decision will almost always leave you bummed Nichole! Feel it... really feel it!
Photobucket
Do not make decisions or tell someone "how you feel" out of anger, while drunk or in sympathy, instead chose to make decisions based on rational, love and instinct.

It is foolish for me to become emotionally invested in a person who I know is a volatile person for my growth and development. Its true on both sides of said relationships. I know that no matter how much I want to be a supporting factor in the change of many hearts, I am and will always be a roadblock in the emotional, spiritual, and mental development of some of those very same individuals. For that I am going to be forever sorry. I will work on my judgment, and attempt to ease my cynicism but I will not make myself a martyr, I will not be a victim, I will not be angry. I will not ever ask for anything from you, that I can't give you myself. Love.....

Photobucket

Now religiously Buddhism expresses how negative thoughts and lack of forgiveness can cause for a bad karma and according to Abhayagiri Buddhist Monks "If we haven’t forgiven, we keep creating an identity around our pain, and that is what is reborn. That is what suffers." Christianity understands forgiveness, not as a rule or spiritual duty, but as a form by which the people of God embody their mission to live as a people who are reconciled to God. And contrary to popular belief the Qur'an describes the Muslim believers as those who, "avoid gross sins and vice, and when angered they forgive. (Qur'an 42:37) and says that Although the just requital for an injustice is an equivalent retribution, those who pardon and maintain righteousness are rewarded by GOD. He does not love the unjust. (Qur'an 42:40).

I say hate hurts your heart. Love through the pain, the struggle will reveal your path....
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love you sooo much! Your talent is truly amazing! U are capable of pulling my thoughts from this thick skull and bloggin them. I miss you so much and I think we a destined to be closer in life (geographically). I will read the others and continue to follow up with the new posts. You are a BLESSING from a Higher Power! (I call Him GOD)
    ~Ashley~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on showing how forgiveness can be viewed many different ways by many different people and religions. You are right about how circumstances can also affect forgiveness. So it seems like one of the hardest parts is deciding who really deserves to be forgiven and how many times you can forgive the same person (thanks for giving me more chances than I probably deserve). It is also seems easier to forgive through the use of "thumbnation" than in person. I've learned that facial features and tone of voice can convey more than the actual words being spoken.

    Your blogs are amazing and inspire me to view life in many new and different ways. I hope you find all the answers that you search for in life. Always remember that although you can't help everyone, you are a blessing to countless others in this lifetime.

    Peace and Love

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you think.... be as blunt, honest, free as you see fit! xo
Blessings
Nichole