Monday, June 8, 2009

Sometimes the shortest distance between two points is under construction.....or stained

Photobucket
At a crossroad with a reason, a season and a lifetime.... Standing next to a jacaranda tree. As the wilting purple flowers fall to the ground stain the sidewalk and anything they land on I am left to reflect on the parallels of this tree and some the relationships we make.

Much like the jacaranda tree, when in full bloom, many relationships exude such an awesome beauty we are left with onlookers and admirers indulging in purity and charm, but just the same. as the season changes we are left with stains on our paths and digression in brightness and color. Some seasons run with the cycles of the year, some have reasons involved and some can last a lifetime. Now the question I must answer for myself is if the flowers die and fall to the ground, will I remember how beautiful they once were? Did I take enough time to appreciate the blossoms in bloom or did I wait until they fell to the ground to put on my captain obvious hat and state what and inconvenience cleaning up the aftermath was? And although its true their mess ultimately is somewhat of a nuisance during the end of the season, if I took the time to embrace and indulge in the energy they once produced in their blossoming and purple glory, no matter how fleeting it may have been, the demise would almost always prove worthy. And if I find myself with enough perceptiveness to enjoy and flourish in the reasoned beauty I may never find myself complaining of the difficulty of the end, because all I will be able to think of is the next time I can enjoy the beauty of the season, reason, or lifetime once again.... Until then you wait, and pass by the seemingly dead trees...waiting for the pang of nostalgia when the next passionate harvest of energy will take place. Please and thank you Jacaranda tree, for your beauty, and pain, for the beginning and the end, for the alpha and omega, yin and yang......balance..... xo


Photobucket

(my apologies to anyone who was to park their car under this tree! LBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you think.... be as blunt, honest, free as you see fit! xo
Blessings
Nichole