Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Crooked Smile is Still a SMILE!

There was a lesson to be learned, and a story to be told buried in the dreams I use to keep from growing old... The law of average will catch the recklessness I failed to ignore and Karma will return all of the energy I made sure to implore. I searched for a beginning, a middle and end... but to most of those endings I did have to pretend. Pretend it didn't hurt, pretend I wasn't phased; however, getting punched in the face by a car has left me some what dazed....
I know that I am quite selfish... working on that as you read. And my pride...well most of that I am willing to concede. I try to have my cake, sneak off and hide some for later, and while he wasn't looking I flirted with the waiter. Admitting my faults, is one of my least favorite past times... but at least I got away without committing any more crimes.
I am sorry that Im so opinionated, Im sorry I felt the need to be sedated...I wish I would have thought twice before I told you why I should be hated. Now you know who I really am, and Im not that flawless life I pretended to own... But I do know its time in life for me to atone.
Growing up is frightening, and I do not want to ever go it alone. That why we have family and a few friends to call on the phone.
Swallowing all that life seems to shove down my throat, finally starting to understand why grandma tells you "BE SURE to take a coat!"...No matter how the day looks when you get ready to go, the clouds and rain always have potential to show... but its learning to be ready when the day slows you down and still rock the shit out of that smile even if you would rather wear a frown.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you think.... be as blunt, honest, free as you see fit! xo
Blessings
Nichole